Philosophy of Care
At The Cottage Nursing Home, our aim is to provide an outstanding level of care to all residents, tailored to their individual needs. This embraces the fundamental principles of good care practice and may be witnessed and evaluated through the delivery, conduct and control of quality care.
Those who live in the home should be able to do so in accordance with our philosophy of care and their own individual requirements.
Residents shall live in a clean, comfortable and safe environment and be treated with respect and sensitivity to their individual needs and abilities. Staff are responsive to individual needs and will provide the appropriate degree of care, to assure the highest possible quality of life. To meet the resident’s needs, the care services provided are designed to achieve the following objectives:
1. A service that strives to offer a better quality of life. In that respect, the care service is designed to meet the certification requirements of the Operational Audit, in a people orientated fashion.
2. Flexible delivery of care services in an attentive and non-discriminatory fashion; while respecting each resident’s right to independence, privacy, dignity, and fulfilment. As well as the right to make informed choices and to take appropriate risks.
3. Respect for each resident’s needs and values in matters of religion, culture, race or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, marital status, parenthood and disabilities or impairments.
4. Delivery of a full care service in accordance with the Statement of Terms and Conditions agreed at the point of moving into the home.
5. Managing and implementing a formal programme of staff planning, selection, recruitment, training and personal development to enable care needs to be met.
6. Efficient and effective management of the care service to make the best use of resources and to maximise value for money.
7. The provision for all of the written information on the home’s procedure for handling complaints, comments and compliments.
The Cottage Nursing Home aims to provide its residents with a secure, relaxed, and homely environment in which their care, well-being and comfort are of prime importance. If you have any feedback or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We will meet the assessed clinical needs of each resident; assisting with their physical, mental, spiritual, cultural, social and emotional wellbeing.
Residents are encouraged to participate in the development of their individual Care Plan, in which the involvement of family and friends is greatly valued.
The development of the Residents Person Centred Plan of Care (PCP) will be achieved through talking to the resident and their family and friends. In addition, we will use a Multi-Disciplinary approach in collecting all other relevant information to put a care plan together. A PCP is exactly what it states which is an individualised plan to meet the needs and wants of the resident.
PRIVACY | DIGNITY | RIGHTS
INDEPENDENCE | CHOICE | FULFILMENT
SECURITY | RESPECT | EQUALITY
All care staff within the home will be appropriately qualified to deliver the highest standards of care. A continuous staff training programme is implemented to ensure that these high standards are maintained in line with the latest initiatives and developments in care practices as may be laid down in appropriate legislation, regulations and the Care Quality Commission guidelines.
Our overall philosophy of care is “treat all residents and colleagues as you wish to be treated yourselves”. If a moment is taken to consider all actions in this light before they are taken then the best care will follow.
The Cottage Nursing Home
"Top 3 Most Recommended”
Care Home in Wellingborough Area